Re: PAB white paper is out

From: Dave Crocker (dcrocker@brandenburg.com)
Date: Wed Jun 10 1998 - 08:49:20 PDT

Bob,

At 09:33 AM 6/10/98 -0400, Bob Helfant wrote:
>Why take some much of your (and the lists) time just to be insulting. A

Not only was being insulting not a goal, but a review of my note doesn't
make clear to me what was in it that you felt had such a tone.

>few small matters of fact have gotten in the way of your explanations as
>well. Whatever IANA has been doing for 15 years, it is being taken apart
>and put together again as a different entity. Your exercise in semantics

You are asserting certain facts that are not at all in evidence. There is
some chance that this could be the outcome, but there are other, very
different outcomes, including a natural evolution of the existing structure.

Now, if one is truly interested in stability in the net, as so many
different people claim, which do you think ensures stability better,
creating a whole new organization or evolving the existing one?

And perhaps your assessing my comments as just relating to "semantics"
gives some indication as to the real difficulty in your note.

d/

Dave Crocker Brandenburg Consulting +1 408 246 8253
dcrocker@brandenburg.com 675 Spruce Drive (f) +1 408 273 6464
www.brandenburg.com Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA