Re: PAB endorsement of IANA proposals

From: Javier SOLA (jsola@aui.es)
Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 - 14:22:44 PDT

Michael,

This is precisely my opinion, which I have posted to a closed list (PAB),
and you have, breaking our trust, copied to the IFWP steering Committee. I
am copying back to PAB, the original list for this track.

I do respond for my opinions, though, independently of where they have been
posted. I feel free to share them with the group of which I am an elected
official (PAB) in our private list... or should I lie to them?

As long as Jim Dixon claims to represent EuroISPA, I understand that
EuroISPA (whom you also represent) is trying to use the IFWP to participate
in the incorporation of the New IANA... (which Jim has made very clear) and
I do not like to have my name used with that purpose, nor do many other
members of this SC.

Is this not the opinion or intention of EuroISPA? It would be nice to have
this point clarified.

In spite of respecting the decisions of the IFWP SC while I am a member, I
will continue posting my ideas in private lists and in private e-mail.

>I REALLY feel offended when I'm reading, that you are (on the PAB list)
>assuming, that everyone who is supporting the Berkman meeting is either to
>be identified with NSI or is following a hidden agenda.

I do believe that there is such agenda. That is why I have spent the last
month asking for things to be taken out of the meeting agendas after we had
agreed that they shouldn't be there... and for some reason they kept
appearing... and...

Jim has made no secret of his intentions.

This does not imply that everybody who votes for it is part of either game,
but most (in which I do NOT include you, nor some others) do have strong
interests.

> Moreover, you are
>characterizing the associations involved as "not mainstream" and supposing,
>that those of us - including me, of course - who are in favor of the
>ratification process as described, are not fair-minded, don't understand
>the structure of the IANA and are striving to dominate the nIANA, what is
>in your view the "death of the Internet".

I stand corrected about "mainstream organisations". A small amount of them
have voted for having such meeting. As I am copying PAB, I will not list them.

Death of the Internet, if you re-read below what I wrote to the PAB closed
list, refers to letting some people -who have no relation with the current
structure and work for their own private interests- be directors of IANA.

Javier