PAB proposal for success rejected?

From: Mark Measday (measday@ibm.net)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 18:23:22 PDT

Dear William Allen Simpson,

Hi. You are quite correct. The posting was erroneously sent to the wrong

address and then automatically reforwarded to the correct address,
losing formatting. I believe you will find the correctly formatted text
repeated after the first copy. The company I represent is a signatory to
the
gtld-mou, as such a member of PAB. Consequently we would hope that some
variant
works.

The attendees of IFWP were only in the thousand plus, I would imagine.
As to the representative function of the IFWP, there were
representatives of
organizations claiming to number billions of people amongst their
adherents, whether currently online or not, although I would let you be
the judge
of the value of that claim.

As a matter of interest, how did you get posting privileges to this
list?

regards,

MM

William Allen Simpson wrote:

> How did this Measday get posting privileges on the PAB list?
>
> It is most unfortunate that some folks have not yet learned to use a
> mail user agent correctly, and do not follow well understood text
> quoting conventions. After wading through the voluminous duplicate
and
> erroneous formatting, the only substantive comment that is apparent:
>
> > Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:56:08 +0200
> > From: Mark Measday <measday@ibm.net>
> > Suggestion:
> >
> > The IFWP process, has, for the last two months, brought together a
> > significant number of stakeholders of the Internet from around the
> > world.
> > The participants represent a substantial subset of the Community of
> > Internet Users, and their participation has permitted discussion of
some
> > of
> > the most important issues regarding the re-engineering of IANA.
> >
> This comment is egregiously erroneous. The Community of Internet
Users

--

Mark Measday UK tel/fax: 0044.181.747.9167 France tel: 0033.450.20.94.92/fax: 450.20.94.93 email: measday@josmarian.ch/measday@ibm.net Among herd animals, we are unique in that we can fall upon another herd and destroy it. Or we can consciously decide to leave it in peace. I can think of no other herd animal that has that capacity. Ed Weick