Re: PAB Critics Decry New Net Government

From: Amadeu Abril i Abril (Amadeu@nominalia.com)
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 14:24:27 PDT

Kent Crispin wrote:

> PAB:

[...]
.

> The negative consequence of the ICANN proposal not being accepted is
> further delay. Further delay is bad for the economic health of CORE,
> and thus bad for the development of competition in the domain name
> system. So I hope that you will all send supporting notes to NTIA as
> quickly as possible.

Kent, I agree with your comments, with the foloowing caveats.

a) I'm not sure PAB has no time to send a support statement. Is anyone agaisnt it?

B) Even if I'm supposed to be CORE's interest advocate (and I am) I would like
pointing that CORE is *not* the main concern when deciding that we need a
quick move forward. We cannot afford, as Intenret community, furhter delays,
as nay such delays would ony increase the temptations for governments,
espcially one of them, to take thinks on hand... with the results we all can
imagine.

CORE is indeed interested, not only in principle but also financially, in
having this moving forward. But it, or at lest most of its members, can stand
some delays. The principle of Internet self-regualtion cannot.

Regards,

Amadeu