One-Man CHORUS? Re: PAB Critics Decry New Net Government

From: J. William Semich (NIC JWS7) (bsemich@users.org)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 08:35:51 PDT

Hello Kent, and fellow PABers;

I concur with your statement to Secretary Daley, with one strongly-urged
modification to the language, which I have incuded below inside brackets
[]:

Dear Secretary Daley:

The gTLD-MoU Policy Advisory Body, representing the 230
signatories of the MoU, endorses and supports the ICANN proposal
submitted to you by Professor Jon Postel. It is the proposal that has
had by far the widest review, and, though there have been scattered
complaints about imperfections, and [some compelling comments have been
made suggesting improvements to the proposed bylaws for ICANN, overall]
it embodies a structure that can and will be refined over time.

The Internet community has been waiting for four years for this to be
resolved. There is no reason for further delay. We urge the NTIA to
begin immediate negotiations with ICANN for the transfer of authority
described in the White Paper.

Thank you

The Policy Advisory Body

>Unless I hear a chorus of complaints real soon, I will send this
>out today.

>--
>Kent Crispin, PAB Chair "No reason to get excited",
>kent@songbird.com the thief he kindly spoke...
>PGP fingerprint: B1 8B 72 ED 55 21 5E 44 61 F4 58 0F 72 10 65
>55 http://songbird.com/kent/pgp_key.html

Bill Semich (NIC JWS7)
President and General Manager
.NU Domain Ltd
bsemich@mail.nu
http://www.nunames.nu
".NU - The un.common domain"

Memberships: ISP/C, ISOC, APIA, Internet Users Society - NIUE