Re: PAB Critics Decry New Net Government

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 15:41:06 PDT

On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 11:59:15PM +0200, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
> John C Klensin wrote:
[...]
> > So, as far as I'm concerned (mostly as an individual --
> > this note has not been reviewed within MCI WorldCom), ship
> > it. Don't let a quibble about a phrase commenting on
> > proposals we are not endorsing turn into a roadblock.
>
> Completely agree with John. Go for it, Kent.
>
> (Even if I, as John, have not yet consulted this with MCI WorldCom ;-))
>
> Amadeu

Sent the following:

Honorable William M. Daley
Secretary of Commerce
c/o Karen Rose
Office of International Affairs
Room 471
National Telecommunications and
Information Administration
United States Department of Commerce
14th and Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20230

Dear Secretary Daley:

The gTLD-MoU Policy Advisory Body, an organization drawn from the 230
signatories of the MoU, endorses and supports the ICANN proposal
submitted to you by Professor Jon Postel. It is the proposal that has
had by far the widest review, and, though there have been complaints
of imperfections, as well as constructive comments, it embodies a
structure that can and will be refined over time, and should be
adopted now.

The Internet community has been waiting for four years for this to be
resolved. There is no reason for further delay. We urge the NTIA to
begin immediate negotiations with ICANN for the transfer of authority
described in the White Paper.

Thank you

The Policy Advisory Body

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...