Re: PAB Critics Decry New Net Government

From: Robert F. Connelly (rconnell@psi-japan.com)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 05:57:38 PDT

At 04:32 PM 10/13/98 -0400, John C Klensin wrote:
>Kent,
>
>FWIW at this late hour...

<snip>

>So, as far as I'm concerned (mostly as an individual --
>this note has not been reviewed within MCI WorldCom), ship
>it. Don't let a quibble about a phrase commenting on
>proposals we are not endorsing turn into a roadblock.
>
> john

Dear Kent:

I wholeheartedly agree with John, and disagree with Rick Wesson:

When we first pulled PAB together after the fall of Babel, Antony espoused
the rule that, if ten or more members agreed with his posting, he would
call it a consensus. If there was disagreement, he'd call for a ballot.

(Those were not his exact words, but the rule served us well. I think Kent
should act under that precedent and send his thoughtfully crafted message
to NTIA --- ASAP).

Personal regards,
BobC

P.S. Forgive me for not deleting duplicate addresses. I'm not sure we're
all on this list.