Re: PAB Critics Decry New Net Government

From: John C Klensin (klensin@mci.net)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 13:32:31 PDT

Kent,

FWIW at this late hour...

I think the PAB should say something. The alternative is
to join the ranks of groups that can't agree on anything
and are hence doomed to be completely ineffectual in this
arena. I think your note is a very good example of
"something", and is consistent with a long series of
general PAB positions. And, perhaps like Bill, I see some
worthwhile ideas in some of the alternate proposals and
suggestions, but they are things I'd like brought to the
early attention of the new board rather than things I find
"compelling" (the latter often has the semantics of
"important enough to hold things up while we try to resolve
or fix", and I don't think that is the case.

So, as far as I'm concerned (mostly as an individual --
this note has not been reviewed within MCI WorldCom), ship
it. Don't let a quibble about a phrase commenting on
proposals we are not endorsing turn into a roadblock.

    john