Re: PAB How long domain names

Rick H. Wesson (wessorh@ar.com)
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:56:49 -0800 (PST)

IMHO,

max 26 for the SLD, i think bind allows up to 63, and upto 255
for a fqdn. as for the shortest, a single letter sld did confuse
some resolvers.... i don't think you have to worry about confusing
resolvers any more.

as for the shortest i would prefer to see the singles reserved
just because so many folks will fight over them. might just as
well let them be allocated.

-Rick