Re: PAB ELECTIONS UPDATE; proposal for MORE delays. :-{

Robert F. Connelly (rconnell@psi-japan.com)
Sat, 06 Dec 1997 13:20:03 +0900

At 03:54 PM 12/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
<snip>
>Bob Connelly, if you have collected the statements of the candidates, can
>you compile them and send them to me.

Dear Antony:

I had asked whether Rick would post them on the web site. I asked all
candidates to send them to Rick.

I am not happy with your decision to delay the vote. It should start today.

I believe Rick has a list sufficient for him to write to all members. By
"list", I believe he has all the Email addresses and can send a heads up to
all in advance of Rick then sending the ballot.

In my opinion, the other requests you have posted are not timely. It's
time for you and me to release the reins and let new officers formulate
their own programs, inquiries, straw votes.

Why on earth would we reopen the "floor" to nominations? They ended four
hours ago on the 5th. That is what you proposed and I agreed to. I
expected to give Rick any new nominations today and ask him to dispatch the
ballot.

Antony, you should not take any further actions as Chair -- other than to
facilitate the election. You should not be giving any further directions
to PAB from your position as Chair. You have me siding with Rick now.
Your current actions are out of order. After the elections, you can
present your ideas to the new officers.

Let's have the election --- NOW.

BobC

Dec. 5 to Dec. 9 Nominations and debate [Unacceptable to BobC]
Dec. 10 Letter sent to non-list members
Dec. 11 to Dec. 18 Voting
Dec. 19 Election results declared, new officers take office