Re: PAB ELECTIONS UPDATE

Antony Van Couvering (avc@netnamesusa.com)
Sat, 06 Dec 1997 01:05:33 -0500

Bob,

You'll be rid of me soon enough. There is a clear schedule for elections,
and they will happen very soon. You were asked, as everyone else was,
about what we should do. Results were: two in favor of waiting a few days,
two for moving forward right away. You said nothing at all.

I do not anticipate new nominations, but it seemed to me fair that in the
few days before the elections we should be able to do something.

I was asked by Javier to poll the membership on POC's behalf, because of
they want an immediate response concerning the new composition of POC. He
didn't like what I wrote, but that's another matter. If you read your
mail, you will see that I favored -- and favor still -- a full debate and
formal response from PAB, under the new leadership.

In the meantime, you are still Secretary of PAB, and you will notice that
Rick has not posted these statements to the website. Will you be kind
enough to send them to me? If you decline, of course I will go collect
them myself.

Antony