Re: Fwd: Re: Who is who in PAB? (and who votes on bahalf of who?)

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:31:18 -0800

On Thu, Dec 18, 1997 at 02:33:14PM -0500, Antony Van Couvering wrote:
> Dear PAB:
>
> Bob Helfant has asked me to redirect this to the list, as he can't post to
> it at the moment.
>
> Antony
>

> >When did PAB's single function of advising POC change to "oversight of
> >CORE" or make decisions that could "result in some CORE registrars going
> >out of business"?

POC has oversight of CORE; PAB advises POC; therefore the oversight
is transitive. Here's a concrete (but hypothetical) example: POC
has recieved much input from the community that certain activities on the
part of certain registrars should be considered unethical. POC asks
PAB for advice; PAB recommends that policies be changed; as a result
of these policy changes some registrars go out of business.

And I refer you to section 4b of the CORE MoU:

As provided in Section 6(j)(ii), (iii) and (v) of the gTLD-MoU,
the POC may from time to time establish new terms and conditions
for applications by entities desiring to be Registrars, and may,
following consultation with the PAB and CORE, remove Registrars
who do not operate consistently with the requirements of the
gTLD-MoU and the CORE-MoU. Until such time as the POC provides
otherwise, the provisions of this Article shall apply to all
applications.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...