Re: Fwd: Re: Who is who in PAB? (and who votes on bahalf of who?)

Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 01:21:09 +0100 (MET)

> > Bob Helfant wrote
> >
> > >When did PAB's single function of advising POC change to "oversight of
> > >CORE" or make decisions that could "result in some CORE registrars going
> > >out of business"?

good question !!

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:

> POC has oversight of CORE; PAB advises POC; therefore the oversight
> is transitive.

so hier is the waight in poc
the pab may think "this is wrong with core-registrars " and it may
"advise" poc on it and poc discusses this back with pab and core and if
poc comes to the conclusions "everything is ok - nothing needed to
be changed" than core-registrar would continue so this mean the pab
hase no "oversight capacity" on core but "advisory capacity"

> Here's a concrete (but hypothetical) example: POC
> has recieved much input from the community that certain activities on the
> part of certain registrars should be considered unethical. POC asks
> PAB for advice; PAB recommends that policies be changed; as a result
> of these policy changes some registrars go out of business.

when the poc accepts the recomendations from pab
when not than the rolle of pab is advisory

anyway the poc is hier the "central" autority
-the next thing some one may say is

"pab would vote the representants on poc so the pab is the central
autority"

i am not speacking hier in favour of core but im also not interested in a
"war BETWEEN pab and core" and than maybe between poc pab and core

we have seen reactions form core people on such positions wich puts the
core from the beginning on "bad side"

1.where is the "misstrust" to core comming from ?

2.where is the "competence" from pab comming from ?

3.is it not that cooperation is better than deviation ?

for my part i think that good and trustful-with "give first your trust"
principle personal realation is more worth than any writen agreements
etc.

so we should be ablle to THINK POSITIVE about each other
not from he beginning see "everything" supicious-but one should also not
be naive and be "eathen" for brackfast by some one very "clever" :-)

if we give the core the trust it diserves than we would have probably a
moralic good basis to deal with them in the future

so the competence and organisation of the pab is hier again the main
questions and so also the principles wich guides pab

so i am hier for a POSITIVE aproach from pab

i hope this principle would guid us not the "i roul over you
becouse you could be bad"

or

"they are stupid we are smart lets start" :-)

many thanks
sascha