Re: Who is who in PAB? (and who votes on bahalf of who?)

Amadeu Abril i Abril (pab@fcr.es)
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 02:25:05 +0200

Kent Crispin wrote:

> [This is a little long. But the issues are complicated...]
>
> On Mon, Dec 15, 1997 at 11:34:36AM +0200, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
>
> As I understand the current rules, where PAB membership is defined to
> be an entity that has signed the MoU, and not the particular
> individual behind the associated email address, you should be able to
> vote as the PAB representative in each case.

I have not. As a matter of fact I just thought that this was a good way to
start again the discussin of what "PAB membership" exactly means, and how to
handle conflicts. I know that there is no simple (and perhaps no possible)
solution to all the issues involved, but we need some "brain work" espeically
if we want PAB membership significantly expanded and POC being elected mostly
by PAB.

From a technical point
> of view (if not a policy point of view) the vote must come from
> distinct email addresses.

Creating additional e-mail addresses is a trivial point. But formalities don't
solve real problems.

Now I'm curious about what other people than "control" multiple votes (through
e-mail address than typically never contribute to the list....) have done....

> Whether this should persist in the long run raises interesting
> questions.

Exactly. And your mail is a very good start.

Amadeu, voting late, voting once.