Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 13:55:57 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Peter Mott wrote:

> >What does the PAB have to hide, openness is by far better than closed
> >door procedings. opening thigs up so that detractors can be herd is
> >IMHO a good thing(tm)

yes i am thinking also like this

> Making the PAB correspondence public would only allow "detractors" as you
> call them, to read what we are talking about. It does not afford them
> an opportunity to participate.

it is better to give them a chance to read things and to see that the
pab is not so a bad thing-it is maybe not so prefesional but it as also
not a conspiracy club like they may think-(this is what it will come
out when we folow your recomendations and remain closed and will also not
give them the oportunity to participate becouse they dont want to join
when not knowing whats going on there-it is more dificult to join a club
when you dont knwo anything about it as when you knowing everything about
it including they week sides :-)

> Are you advocating having PAB open to folk who have not signed the MoU?
> If you are, then that is a seperate issue.

see pab is a public organisation and every organisation can participate
in a active way so there is nothing that hase to be hide from enybody
if individual pab membership should be allowed we will discuss in future
but to participate in pab actively one hase to sign mou
signing mou is exactly the thing wich keeps destructive people out :-)
-i dont know if this good is but at the moment is seems so

> Can you please list in plain English, the good things(tm) which will be
> the outcome of making correspondence on this listserv avail for public
> reading.

you just make the spot on the "they reed the mails and are not members of
pab" but in a broather vuew the pablic trust in pab true the openes
of pab is far more worth then "having critisizers out"

for me its seems a little that it is a personal problem you have hier or
in general-altough your "analysis" of situation around "poc control" etc
was solid but you was the first one who was for broather participation of
the pablic in the gtld process and pab and now when we start to make this
real you are against it and like to establish a "information embargo"
on public ??

when we say black you say white when we than say white you say no its
black :-)

when we say it is gray what you would say on it :-)

> regards
>
> Peter Mott
> 2Day Internet Limited.
> http://www.2day.net.nz

do you think your mail from befor will if availabel to the public will
make you frend with the people outside ?

and if something is truth or own belive than it should be sayed also
"when it hurts" i personaly would find it ok if you hase the courage to
say things and make them availabel also if they "hurt"

thanks
sascha