Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 01:32:55 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Peter Mott wrote:

> I still cant see how telling the world we are confused and lack a sense
> of purpose will encourge others to participate.

thats a "marketing" strategy :-)

if we are "perfect" and know "everything all the time and do always right"
than there is no reason to participate becouse they "run already the show"

so the situation is as it is at the moment and this is nothing
unnatural it is a new field of development and we try our best-we can not
hide what we are-imagine we are what we are :-) but outside we play
something diferent and it hapens that somebody looks behind the scene and
sees us :-)

it does not hold you up to make strait guys and organisation out of us :-)

please tell us how you think should we behawe to the "outworld"
even if they listen :-)

> >remember all your mails are being archived, if they are ever made public
> >the public will be able to see that you didn't want them to see
> >what you have written.
>
> So we should not debate the merits of making the list available for public
> reading, because if it happens the world will see what we say?

no this was not the meaning the meaning is that imagine how the people
would feel who are not on the list and in pab when they are reading
that they are unwanted becouse we are not profesional inaf at the
moment:-) it is not their fault or? :-)

i gues they would fiel sympathic with us becouse they are in the same both
like us-maybe they are even more uncertain :-)
they are also confused with the new
developments and they also have not the "perfect solution" for all
problems and the clear vision of the future-thats the wholle job of pab to
colect vuews and positions

so we all should cooperate and together we have done it not so bad until
now-the plan is still roling and it looks more realistic than when it
started so this speacks in fawour of it-hier we have realy to apreciate
the work wich was done by the participaiting organisations and their
representatives

> I have no problem with the world knowing I dont think non-participants
> should not be able to read our internal correspondence.

i am in favour that pab/poc-excom list should be confident but pab
general list should be availabel to the public

we are in a information age and sharing information and knowledge is the
BASIC driving principle for our future

no matter how well this information is formulated

see me i am deeply in shame that i am not ablle to communicate with all of
you in a good english it looks really poor and stupid when i try to say
something

but even avare of this shortcomming the preasure to share my vuews with
you when i think it may be of interest for you is more importend for me
than "content cosmetics"-it will take me to long to take courses in
english first and than write to you in a oxford english :-)

i hope you all feel compasion with me and accept me even i am not such
perfect rethorics and gramatics expert :-)

pab is like me it is not perfect but hase something useful :-)
of course willing to learn and evolve where my english will be not
much better so soon :-)

> Regards
>
> Peter Mott
> 2Day Internet Limited.
> http://www.2day.net.nz

thanks
sascha

ps.i am for archiving the mails first from the point on when a rough
consensus was reached

not from the 1.1.97
alought it may be interesting for the people-there would not be so much
of them at the begining maybe some frends of the gtld-discuss list who
like to see our present discussion :-)

anyway i think it would be useful to open the pab discussion list for
reading to the pablic-tell me who reads the archived discussion of some
mailing lists - it is a hard job to do this :-)

if the list is open or not this dont help us to come forward in the
matter itsself or is this not already the matter itsself :-)
(how to organize and structure public suport and participation in the
reorganisation and selfgovernance of the internet domain name system
so one of the posible ways to involv public is to make decision
to open the process and to make them complitely transparent
even if it "hurts" :-) (asuming that stupidity hurts to them who are
smart so anybody who thinks he knows better could than stand up and
help us:-)

so even with this discusion at the moment we do some work and become
better and better :-)

pps.can you give us some public relations wisdom we all are interested to
learn and to behave in a way we dont hurt the process

thanks