Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:49:00 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Bob Helfant wrote:

> We have taken our lead from the IAHC and POC and kept the correspondance
> secret. The same is true for CORE and CORE Excom. We may benefit if all
> parts of the gTLD movement made their discussions public, but to just do it
> for PAB is inconsistant.
>
> Bob Helfant
> GlobeComm

mr.helfant thank you for your interesting vuews

becouse pab "represents" the interests of gtld-mou signing institutions
and is posible candidad to "represent" also "posible interests" of the
internet community at large it is naturaly candidad to "work in public"

how the poc core etc feels for its self and how they can develope model
to "work in public" i dont know

but of course this may be a aditional reason to make them "popular" :-)
within the broader public

thank you for "starting the discussion" about posible "opennens" of the
essential gtld-mou process resources like poc/core

iab-internet architecture board also hase once a mont or so
teleconferences and they keep always notes of this conferences available
online

i dont think the poc should make their discussion list availabel to the
public but the minutes of the teleconferences/meetings or at least
public statements after the meetings

thanks
sascha