Re: Official PAB position on competing registry administration

John C Klensin (klensin@mci.net)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:20:00 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998 11:27:02 -0800 Dave Crocker
<dcrocker@brandenburg.com> wrote:

> OK. Since we know that isn't what I want, either, what language is
> preferred?
>
> The POC is an example of non-governmental public oversight. Not
> surprisingly, it is that sort of oversight that I want to suggest.

The POC would not normally be considered "public" oversight, for
the self-selection/ selection by a restricted community reasons
its opponents repeatedly and stridently point out. I would
describe it as "open, private-sector, oversight", or even as
"open, balanced-interest, private-sector...". Then you are
likely to have to defend the truth of "open" and "balanced"
against people who will disagree, but you will at least be
having the discussion you intend to have.

john