Re: PAB nIANA facts

Toru Takahashi (toru@TokyoNet.AD.JP)
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:21:02 +0900

Masataka Ohta <mohta@necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp> wrote:
>Jeff;
>
>> The current IANA is really insignificant with respect to the New
Corporation
>> that is to be formulated, regardless of what it may be called.
>
>Could you please explain why you take it granted that some new
>organization is necessary in addition to the existing
>PAB/POC/CORE/ISOC/IANA/IAB?
>
>FYI, "because the WP says so" is not an acceptable answer.

Ohta-san,
I saw White Paper as a result of compromize between CORE/POC group and Ira
Magaziner. They have long meeting in fact to move to CORE/POC site. So, Don
Heath said some kind of VICTORY.

We have to have strategy to join "New IANA" and build new order for the Internet
self-governance.

regards,

Toru Takahashi

TAKAHASHI Toru toru@TokyoNet.AD.JP
http://www.TokyoNet.AD.JP/people/toru/toru.html
Chairman, Tokyo Internet Corp.(TokyoNet)
Chairman, Internet Association of Japan(IAJ)
Chair of Executive Council, Asia Pacific Network Information Center(APNIC)
Phone:+81-3-3341-6302
Fax:+81-3-3341-2881
Address:8th Floor, Sekaido bldg., 3-1-1 Shinjuku,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 Japan