Re: PAB nIANA facts

Perry E. Metzger (perry@piermont.com)
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 10:41:51 -0400

Karl Denninger writes:
> > FYI, "because the WP says so" is not an acceptable answer.
> >
> > Masataka Ohta
>
> "Because the organization paying for the tune to be called" is an acceptable
> answer, whether you approve of it or not.
>
> (That happens to be the US Government, natch).

Henceforth, I will be paying for Karl's clothing. He will wear only
florescent overalls, with clown shoes.

I don't see how Karl can object. I mean, merely because he didn't ask
for me to pay for anything or accept it doesn't mean he isn't
obligated, right?

What I love about this whole thing, btw, is that traditionally, we've
had a government of *laws*, not of *men*. Ira Magaziner, however,
literally stated in public that *he* was deciding this whole thing --
and never mind that he had no legal authority. Luckily, he's backed
off sufficiently that the correct outcome can probably be had without
too much of a fight.

Perry