Re: PAB [Fwd: [apnic-talk] Asia Pacific International Forum on White Paper Aug12-13, Singapore]

K S LIM (ks_lim@logchina.com.sg)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:19:36 +0930

Robert Shaw wrote:

> fyi
> --
> Robert Shaw <robert.shaw@itu.int>
> Advisor, Global Information Infrastructure
> International Telecommunication Union <http://www.itu.int>
> Place des Nations, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland

> Subject: [apnic-talk] Asia Pacific International Forum on White Paper Aug
> 12-13, Singapore
> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 17:50:08 +0200
> From: Izumi Aizu <izumi@anr.org>
> To: apng-all <apng-all@apng.org>, apnic-talk <apnic-talk@apnic.net>,
> apple <apple@apnic.net>
> CC: apia-members <apia-members@apia.org>, anr-talk <anr-talk@anr.org>
>
> [my apology for possible duplication - and appreciate more postings]
>
> Call for Participation (First Announcement)
>
> <<Asia Pacific International Forum on White Paper>>
>
> A Regional Meeting on Internet Governance: Administration of IP Addresses
> and Domain Names
>
> August 12-13, 1998,
> ANA Hotel in Singapore.
>
> We are pleased to announce that APNG (Asia Pacific Networking Group), APNIC
> (Asia Pacific Network Information Center), APIA (Asia & Pacific Internet Association),
> APPLe (Asia Pacific Policy and Legal Forum), APDIP (Asia Pacific Development
> Information Program) of UNDP(United Nations Development Program) and PAN (Pan
> Asia Networking) of IDRC (International Development Research Centre) have agreed
> to jointly host a regional meeting in Singapore to discuss about the formation of new
> self-governance mechanism of Internet.
>
> This meeting is positioned as the third in the international workshop series, being
> organized by IFWP. The first workshop was already held in Washington D.C, on
> July 1-2, with more than 200 participants from North and South America, Europe
> and Asia. The second meeting will be held in Geneva on July 24-25 which will
> co-locate with INET'98.

Dear Fellow PAB members
What is our position on these meetings? I happen to reside in Singapore
and if required can attend the meeting and report back to PAB.
Would appreciate your opinions.
Best regards.
--
KS LIM