Re: PAB Should we speak?

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:59:32 -0700

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 10:51:54AM -0400, Bob Helfant wrote:
> I believe we will be one of many Registries and CORE registrars will also
> be registrars for the other registries. POC will not be the oversight
> committee for the entire Internet, just CORE if we so choose.

However, there will be a "names council" or some such that *will*
have oversight for all registries...

> PAB will not
> be the Policy Advisory Body for the entire Internet, just for CORE if we so
> choose.

However, there probably *will* be a user organization associatied
with nIANA or the names council.

> My guess is that if we keep to the current MoU model, we will be a
> Registry with more red tape than we know what to do with.

And finally, it might indeed turn out that there is only one registrar
organization (NSI might join CORE). There are lots of balls in the
air right now -- as usual.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...