Re: PAB Message base

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:10:20 -0700

On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 02:27:16PM -0700, Dan Cohen, CTT Inc. wrote:

> I'm not crazy about it either, but I now have over 400 messages from this
> group with no way of threading the discussions except by hand.

The archive at http://www.songbird.com/pab/mail is a hypermail
archive, sorted by thread. Right now it is a bit large -- perhaps
this weekend I will break it down into monthly chunks.

> The number
> of simultaneous discussions and the quantity of messages suggests that a
> web-based board or a USEnet newsgroup would be a more effective medium. I
> don't want to dwell too much on this issue - more constructive suggestions
> would be appreciated.

What are you using to read mail? As far as I know there are free
threaded mail readers on all major platforms.

BTW, this issue has come up in the past, and at that time, as I
recall, there was a fairly substantial vote for email.

> Any votes that come directly to my mailbox (no need to broadcast your vote
> to the list) over the next week will be tabulated and the results shared.
> a.) no change (listserver delivery)
> b.) USENet newsgroup
> c.) web-based discussion

Another thing you might want to peruse is the PAB charter, and the
description of the PAB voting mechanism. Both can be found at
http://www.songbird.com/pab/

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...