Re: Proposal for a new ORSC/DNSO project

William X. Walsh (william@tjns.tj)
Wed, 02 Dec 1998 21:36:15 -0800 (PST)

On 03-Dec-98 Joop Teernstra wrote:
> At 11:42 2/12/98 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
>
>>I am sure I am not alone in a basic feeling that these people/organizations
>>should probably not have any higher standing in consideration for new gTLD
>>registries. Their applications should be considered alongside any others
>>applying for new or different gTLDs. Those who choose to NOT setup a
>>"renegade" gTLD or root server network and instead to work within the system
>>for change should NOT be penalized and placed at the end of the queue.
>>
>>This would be patently unfair.
>>
> William and all,
>
> But you would not be against giving all these people a fair hearing, would
> you?
> That's what Stef's proposal is about. Let the panel sort out what is fair
> and (patently) unfair.
> The proposal has my support.

That lends some sanction to their claims that indeed does not, and should not
exist.

Why should they be entitled to any standing?

They should have to go through the identical proceedings of ANY organization
when ICANN begins the selection of gTLD operators, at square one just like any
other at the point.

Giving them advance hearings serves no purpose but to sanction their alleged
claims to these TLDs which have no basis in fairness at all.

William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
william@tjns.tj/william@nic.tj| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144 | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
Date: 02-Dec-98 / Time: 21:33:41