Re: subscribe

Michael Sondow (msondow@iciiu.org)
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:35:23 -0500

Mr. Sims-

Surely you must know by now that the proper way to subscribe to mailing
lists is NOT to send subscribe commands in the subject of messages sent
to the mailing list address, but rather to send the appropriate command,
whatever it may be, to the listserve itself, in this case
mailserve@itu.int. You will find full instructions for subscribing at

I must tell you, furthermore, that the legalistic security interdiction
below, which you apparently append to all your messages, is particularly
offensive on these lists, which are open forums in the true sense of
Internet openness and transparency. I have seen this formula of yours on
messages you sent to the IFWP list and have been outraged and insulted
by it, as I'm certain many others have. I strongly urge you not to
disgrace these lists further with it, and to delete this ugly paragraph
from your future postings.