Re: News from the ORSC

Michael Sondow (msondow@iciiu.org)
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 15:33:43 -0500

William X. Walsh a écrit:

> ORSC is attempting to put together an open representative
> DNSO, that welcomes all stakeholders into membership and leadership, and makes
> substantive changes based on the input of all stakeholders.
>
> While I personally felt such a move should of come from outside the ORSC, with
> participation from ORSC being welcomed of course, simply because some people
> will feel that any effort that was started by the ORSC is biased, I feel pretty
> strongly that the ORSC will welcome all to join, and be responsive to all, and
> not just ORSC members interests.

This is just what the DNSO.ORG says they've done. The ORSC says the
DNSO.ORG isn't open to them or looking after their interests, so the
ORSC is creating another DNSO, which the DNSO.ORG members will say isn't
looking after *their* interests. Next week, a third DNSO will be created
(and incorporated, with the help of Bret Fausett) claiming that neither
the DNSO.ORG nor the DNSO.NET represents *their* interests. Ad
infinitem.

So, back to 1997. Congratulations, everyone, for your cooperative
efforts at self-regulation!