Re: (Nearly) everything is feasible

Bret A. Fausett (baf@fausett.com)
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:45:08 -0500

Sascha Ignjatovic wrote:
>i am also requesting for a boiled down versimplfyde and easy to understand
>presentation of what are the main isues and goals

>From my point of view, the goal is not to decide substantive domain name
issues now (whatever they may be), but to create a vehicle that is fair,
representative, international, open, and transparent by which those
substantive policy issues can be addressed in the future. The successful
DNSO will create a structure that provides such openness and fairness,
does not prejudge the merits of any substantive issues, and does not
guarantee any particular outcome.

No small task.

But the goal should be to create a deliberative body, not to deliberate
the substantive DNS issues now.

-- Bret

(I've been scorched enough on this list; if you disagree, please comment
on the merits of what I wrote and refrain from impugning my motives, my
profession, my rugged good looks, etc.)

Bret A. Fausett
Fausett, Gaeta & Lund, LLP
E-Mail: baf@fausett.com