Re: Incorporation or not?

Michael Sondow (msondow@iciiu.org)
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 06:53:57 -0500

Roberto Gaetano a écrit:

> Michael,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > Roberto Gaetano a écrit:
> >
> > > How do we feel about DNSO to incorporate?
> >
> > Roberto-
> >
> > There was a long dicussion on this issue, on this list, involving Joop
> > Teernstra, David Crocker, Amadeu Abril i Abril, David Schutt, myself, you,
> > and others. Do you want to re-start that discussion, or are you asking now
> > for a vote?
> >
> I know, I remember it.
> But it involved only half a dozen people, maybe ten at the most.
>
> When we will be taking a vote on this, in Washington and/or on this list,
> there will be many more.
> Shouldn't we already start to have a feeling of the situation?
>
> You know our opinion differ, I will be glad if I can have consensus on my
> position, but I will be also happy if you could convince people and have
> consensus on your opinion.
> For the time being, it seems to me that the silence of the majority (the
> silent majority?!?) means that we have consensus on 3 "I have no clue", that
> is the nice way to say: "I don't know and I don't care". And this disturbes
> me.

Quite right. I feel the same way you do. I was only trying to clarify the
context of your question, not your motives for asking it. You do well to
pose this question to a wider public, since, as you say, we will all have to
make a decision at some point on it. I hope some more people will respond
than last time, when , as you say, there was too much apathy.

Perhaps a preliminary vote could be taken, nothing official but just as a
survey, after the question has been more thoroughly discussed. We all keep
talking about usingonline democracy, but we never do it. maybe this is our
chance to try it out.

Anyway, I applaud your bringing up this important question.