Re: DNSO.ORG Meeting proposal on Jan.23(for the last time)

Dr Eberhard W Lisse (el@linux.lisse.na)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:16:49 +0200

Kilnam,

In message <19990110102037.B53619@cosmos.kaist.ac.kr>, Kilnam Chon writes:
> Transition Team members,

For the last time, this has to stop!!!!!!!!!!

It is not the Transition Team you should address this to but the
membership!!!!

My stated intention has always been to submit the winning bid to
ICANN, but not like this!!

> amadeu and myself among others proposed and commented on dnso.org
> meeting proposal on jan. 23, and we are running out of time now.

On what forum did you do that? Not on participants? I subscribed to
discuss only yesterday.

> if we hold the meeting, on jan.23 saturaday, we should decide now.

I am posting herewith my formal objection to the holding of another
meeting, on such short notice, in northern America again.

> the purposed of the meeting include the finalization of the dnso.org
> application proposal.

I almost overlooked *INCLUDE*.

What would be the rest of the agenda?

> the format suggested by amadeu is to spend morning on the previous
> meetings including jan. 22 meeting arranged by john enguland with
> telephone conferencing. the afternoon would be spent on "finalizing
> the procedure on the dnso.org application to icann and other related
> issues.

I want to hear from you and from Amadeu whether you have been invited
to the closed meeting(s). I want to know in what capacity you are
attending these closed meetings, surely not on behalf of the DNSO.ORG,
I haven't seen any discussion giving you the mandate to represent
DNSO.ORG there.

So, unless authorized to do so by an open process, eg put it to the
membership next week, I would suggest you consider this very very
carefully.

> it is two weeks away, and we need to decide now if we hold the
> meeting on jan. 23 saturday now(possibly by the end of monday).
> hope amadeu will take the lead on this matte, but we are not
> heaering from him lately...........

There is no need for such a meeting. There is no need at that
time. There is in particular no need to do it there.

We don't need any meeting to finalize. The drafting committe will come
up by next weekend with the final draft (you took part in the
teleconference so you know that)

I propose that this draft is to be put to the membership on each and
all lists DNSO.ORG has on Monday 18, and then voted upon by
Wednesday. If accepted that's it, we'll post it to the Web page, send
a copy to all outside lists we know off and whoever outside of the
DNSO.ORG doesn't like it can submit his or her own application.

> is there any volunteer to arrange the meeting in washington, d.c. in
> the case we decide to hold the meeting?

As above, this is not necessary.

el