RE: [ifwp] Re: open Washington meeting?

Roberto Gaetano (Roberto.Gaetano@etsi.fr)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:19:10 +0100

Michael,

You wrote:

> Roberto Gaetano a écrit:
>
> > Even if a preliminary "negotiation" will take place on the 21st, the
> > "negotiators" are fully aware that whatever item can be agreed on the
> 21st,
> > has to go to open discussion on the 22nd.
> >
> > And I have the feeling that the meeting on the 22nd will be fairly
> crowded.
> > I don't think that it will be possible to force a pre-chewed solution on
> the
> > attendance.
> >
> > It is up to us in the open meeting to be able to be propositive if we
> think
> > that alternative wordings will be needed for Bylaws and application, and
> > avoid losing time in polemics on openness and representativity. Will we
> be
> > able to do it?
>
> I hope so. I will come prepared. But if we show up Friday morning without
> sleep, we will be at a big disadvantage. I am now considering going down
> on
> the 21st and staying at a hotel, just to be awake at the meeting. Do you
> think you might do the same? Kilnam actually suggested we (the
> non-invitees
> from DNSO.org) meet in Washington on Thursday. Maybe not such a bad idea.
> What do you think?

I think that this discussion is out of place in this list, and that
discussion on the DNSO-related meetings are better fit in the open DNSO
list, that I put in copy.

In fact, I read this message only because it was addressed to me directly.
With 400+ daily messages I cannot read everything, and I assume that most of
the people involved in these last steps before Washington feel the same.
Therefore, please excuse me if I let this list momentarily in lower
priority.

Regards
Roberto