Re: [ifwp] Re: open Washington meeting?

Michael Sondow (msondow@iciiu.org)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:43:54 -0500

Roberto Gaetano a écrit:

> Michael,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > Roberto Gaetano a écrit:
> >
> > > Even if a preliminary "negotiation" will take place on the 21st, the
> > > "negotiators" are fully aware that whatever item can be agreed on the
> > 21st,
> > > has to go to open discussion on the 22nd.
> > >
> > > And I have the feeling that the meeting on the 22nd will be fairly
> > crowded.
> > > I don't think that it will be possible to force a pre-chewed solution on
> > the
> > > attendance.
> > >
> > > It is up to us in the open meeting to be able to be propositive if we
> > think
> > > that alternative wordings will be needed for Bylaws and application, and
> > > avoid losing time in polemics on openness and representativity. Will we
> > be
> > > able to do it?
> >
> > I hope so. I will come prepared. But if we show up Friday morning without
> > sleep, we will be at a big disadvantage. I am now considering going down
> > on
> > the 21st and staying at a hotel, just to be awake at the meeting. Do you
> > think you might do the same? Kilnam actually suggested we (the
> > non-invitees
> > from DNSO.org) meet in Washington on Thursday. Maybe not such a bad idea.
> > What do you think?
> >
> I think that this discussion is out of place in this list, and that
> discussion on the DNSO-related meetings are better fit in the open DNSO
> list, that I put in copy.

You may be right, or you may be wrong. But once you start breaching the
rules of netiquette and posting another person's messages wherever you
please, you open the door to every type of Internet abuse. However, even
though you have not shown me respect here, I will continue to respect you.

> In fact, I read this message only because it was addressed to me directly.
> With 400+ daily messages I cannot read everything, and I assume that most of
> the people involved in these last steps before Washington feel the same.
> Therefore, please excuse me if I let this list momentarily in lower
> priority.

You are free to read or not read whatever you want. You are not free to
cross-post other people's messages.

By the way, why didn't you reply to my questions? Are you against Kilnam's
suggestion? Don't you think that it might be best to go to Washington on
Thursday like the invitees, and sleep the night there, maybe get together on
Thursday like they are doing to discuss the meeting on Friday?