Re: Mailing lists (last try)

Dr Eberhard W Lisse (el@linux.lisse.na)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:31:03 +0200

In message <3699C749.1F13F591@nominalia.com>, Amadeu Abril i Abril writes:

* Mike, as rep of one of the particpant orgs bears AL THE RIGHTS to be put
> there. INTA has particpated in the MTY meeting, and if they wanted Mike or
> anyone else in the participants list, it will be done so promtply , Same for
> for ICIIU.

Capture?

> * Mike in fact is not in the participants list. Just checked. In fact, no
> pariipant organsiation has asked for any change of subscribers.

So why are you writing your first paragraph. To s how us that you
decide who goes on what list?

> * Mike Heltzer is indeed in the "drafting@dnso.org" maillist, as
> proposed by myself, and agreed unanimously (well, without any
> objection) during the transiton team teleconf (Chon, Antony;
> Roberto; Lynn; Theresa; David and myself present) and then propos in
> the transtiion maillist. Only thereafter you raised objections. But
> you shuld kwno by now, with no excuse whatsoever, that this was not
> any unilateral action from me.

The Transition List has no mandate to add anyone onto the Drafting
Team. I shall not accept him as a voting member of the Drafting Team.

By the way, not having Micheal Sondow on the Teleconference and then
telling him that he didn't object reaches a stage of infamacy that I
have never seen on 15 years on the net.

> > And the IFWP people who complained about Joe Sims, Mike Roberts, and the
> > others being added by Robert Shaw were right. That list has now a very bad
> > reputation, because of these things.
>

> Don't be so modest. Your recent behavior has also helped a bit. And
> above all the very low volume/content rate :-(

Who the hell are you to judge one's behaviour? Besides, you are not
qualified to do so.

> But such is life in mailinglists.

And arrgogance too.

[...]

> > > Hope that both transiton and drafting maillists ar not in question. Are t
> hey?
> >
> > Sorry, but I do have an objection. Michael Heltzler has not been to a
> > meeting. You have put him on the drafting team anyway, supposedly in order
> > to help with writing the DNSO/INTA merged draft. Well, I don't agree with
> > that, but I am probably alone, so I will let it pass.
>
> Thanks! Anyway, see above.

No, Amadeu, he is NOT on the Drafting Team.

> Good point. The reason Mike is there is that at that time only INTA
> had submitted soments or proposals (an alternative draft bylaws in
> fact). Nobody could deny the significance of thir work, nor the
> importance of the organsiation. And the work, I repeat, ws the only
> one deliverd in timely form.

The reason he is on the mailing list is because YOU want him there.
If he's there anyone else who has submitted proposals has the right to
be on there.

This is UNFAIR and fundamentally contrary to the guiding principles of
DNSO. Amadeu, you have to resign, there is just no way you can remain,
you are proving time and again that you are not interested in these
principles.

> When we re-modelled the draftingteam, I proposed that we should
> establish a wayu to incorporate in the future a way to cooperate
> with those submitting relvant coments. We knew that NSI, CENTR or
> ICC would submit them, (or ORSC) and I wanted a way to deal with
> this beforhand.

The Drafting Team has not been remodelled.

YOU wanted to have first hand knowledge.

> In the case f INTA things were realy easy as they are formally
> particpating.

Marty actually abstained on his own issues in MTY.

> Same for CENTR, but not for the rest of possible comenters.

Why not?

> The cooperation could take the form of integration within the
> drafting team, or billateral work on spedcific issues...

???

> Nobody supported this initative, probably because it swas difficult
> to formulate. Then we decided to send the timetable as it was, and I
> insisted that we should announce the new compositon and taks of the
> drafting team, and provide in such annojncement a way for dealing
> (even considering incorporatio n within draftingteam) for thsoe
> sening proposals. Again, zero support. This includes you, Michael.

The composition of the Drafting Team has not been changed to my
knowledge.

I agree with you, zero support for your proposal.

> PLZ go back to your mailboxes and look for the relevant mails.

In case you did not notice, Amadeu, you are not dealing with your
students here, so please start behaving yourself like a grownup.

> Nothing happened, inded. Despite all what you and Eberhjard might
> believe, I am not taking any unilateral decison. I knwo how to
> count, and if there is no suport, that's it.

Yes, and you go and try it anyway.

Amadeu, Please, Please, resign from the DNSO.ORG, forthwith, before
DNSO.ORG has no credibility left.

However, it is evident that you do not realize that Michael and I do
not represent two individuals, but two constituencies, for whom a lot
is at stake here.

And I for one am not going to rest until the DNSO is a transparent,
open, fair and neutral organization (my known development and African
interests not withstanding).

greetings, el