Re: DNSO worries

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 06:18:36 -0800

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 09:42:14AM +0200, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
> > In the interest of full disclosure, transparency, and openness, I
> > would like to know who your sponsor was.
>
> Kent, you just won me two bets.
>
> Nevermind that you know full well who paid for my ticket, as I have
> told the Meeting in Monterrey, very clearly, that IATLD paid for my
> ticket.

No, I didn't know. If I heard you say anything in Monterrey, then I
had forgotten it.

> You know perfectly well, what I stand for, the non-profit
> interest in developing countries, in particular in Africa, you have
> written the minutes of the two meetings.

I know what you *say* you stand for. In practice lately what you
seem to stand for is noise. I would be delighted to see you prove me
wrong.

> I can dig up Bill Semich's pre conference message announcing
> publically that financial support would be available for IATLD
> members, of which I am a founding member.

Very interesting. Yes, as a matter of personal curiosity I would
like to see that message.

> The implication of this cheap shot is staggering. So, please, now,
> full disclosure, by all members of the Transition Team and the
> Drafting Team. To the above lists.
>
> I take that non response means refusal to disclose!

More likely that non-response means that they think the issue is a
waste of time. I have had no sponsor for any of my activities in
this arena.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair				"Do good, and you'll be
kent@songbird.com				lonesome." -- Mark Twain