Re: dnso.org Transition Team Teleconf, Jan 15 99

Michael Sondow (msondow@iciiu.org)
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 15:27:56 -0500

Antony Van Couvering a écrit:

> Here are the minutes of the transition team teleconference.

(snip)

> b. Speech by Esther Dyson
> c. They insist, against my objections, on having a professional facilitator

Who's choosing the facilitator? If it's them, he'll be someone from their
community, the business community. You have every right to refuse to be
pressured into accepting their demands by a "facilitator" chosen by them.
Have a little guts, for god's sake! You don't have to kowtow to their
"facilitator".

(snip)

> RG: Esther Dyson attending because they want ONE application, this meeting
> promises to bring a lot of interests together.
>
> AVC: I'm concerned that it makes it look like ICANN is giving their
> imprimatur to this meeting, and that we'll all be professionally
> "facilitated" to a result we're not comfortable with. What if they announce
> that they're having a further meeting to "finalize" the results.
>
> AAA: I agitated very strongly against a follow-up meeting, there seems to
> be some assurances for this. I wanted very strongly *not* to have a
> professional facilitator.

They ARE going to push through a "wrap-up", if they and their "professional
facilitator" get what they want on the 22nd. Maybe even of they don't. What
are we going to do about this? Just sit around and complain on this list?