Re: ISOC Chapters and NC membership

From: Milton Mueller (mueller@syr.edu)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 09:52:54 PDT

I agree, in the case of non-US chapters of ISOC and ACM there is often a great
degree of independence, and it is highly troubling to me to exclude groups like
ISOC-Bulgaria. I think we need to revisit this issue and amend the charter
*carefully.* But we do have to amend the charter, we can't just decide to admit
them without such an amendment. We can use the amendment process to carefully
define some of the criteria that would be used to prevent abuse.

--MM

George Sadowsky wrote:

> I can understand the reasoning behind this thinking, and in the case
> of ACM, with many chapters located in the United States, I would
> agree with it.

---
You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Kent@SONGBIRD.COM