Re: ISOC Chapters and NC membership

From: James Love (love@cptech.org)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 06:01:18 PDT

Adam Peake wrote:
> Jamie:
> Non-commercial constituency voting membership is limited to organizations
> that are not also members of other DNSO constituencies. I believe every
> draft of the constituency charter has contained some such language.
>
> We have 3 cc-tld NICs in the membership lists (Taiwan, Korea and China.) I
> don't know if these organizations are members of other constituencies (I
> noted a question in the recently updated list.) Voting records from the
> February election seem to show only Korea (KRNIC) as having voted (perhaps
> KRNIC is not a member or not a voting member of the cc-tld constituency, or
> perhaps this was a mistake and they should not have voted. I don't know.
> Taiwan and China NICs did not vote.)

   How does this work for someone like Bill Semich, who is both a member
of the NCDNHC and the person who runs the .nu registry, as a profit
making firm? Jamie

Bill Semich
President and Founder
NU Domain Ltd
http://whats.nu
bill@mail.nic.nu

5. Internet Users Society-Niue
J. William Semich <bill@mail.nic.nu>
<http://www.net.nu/>
Fri, 23 Jul 1999

James Love, Director | http://www.cptech.org
Consumer Project on Technology | mailto:love@cptech.org
P.O. Box 19367 | voice: 1.202.387.8030
Washington, DC 20036 | fax: 1.202.234.5176