Re: [ncc-charter] charter amendment - non-voting members?

From: Milton Mueller (mueller@syr.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 07:22:03 PDT

    Political fact:
    Any attempt to remove this language will result in a huge fight that will
    cripple all charter-related activity and indeed all progress in this
    constituency for several months. We entered into this charter revision to
    make a few minor changes regarding alternates/replacements in order to
    allow an election to be held. The election is already delayed.

    This whole topic must be dropped and dropped now.

    Repeat: any attempt to alter this language, which was fundamental to the
    formation of the NCC and led to a major battle in its formation, is out of
    bounds at this time. We can and should deal with it later, but we need to
    get on with the election.