PAB Proposal for email

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 08:32:42 PST

I would like to submit the following as a formal proposal, for the
membership to consider:

    As of January 1, 1998, the PAB mailing list will be considered
    publically readable. As soon thereafter as is practical the
    Secretary of PAB will create and maintain an archive of the list,
    available to the public on the web. This archive shall be
    updated on at least a weekly basis, by the secretary, or a
    designated person.

Note that this proposal changes nothing about the subscription
policies of the list -- only PAB members will be on the list.
"Publically readable" means only that we drop the notion that any kind
of private discussions be held on the list -- if you have something
bad (or good) to say about somebody or something, you say it on public
record.

And ideally, of course, the archiving would be completely automated.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...