Re: PAB Proposal for email

From: Dave Crocker / IMC (dcrocker@imc.org)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 08:57:35 PST

At 08:32 AM 12/4/97 -0800, Kent Crispin wrote:
>"Publically readable" means only that we drop the notion that any kind
>of private discussions be held on the list -- if you have something

I'd like to second this proposal and lobby strongly for it, especially
since one or more members of the pab list are quite open (pardon the pun)
about the fact that they forward pab mail on to others all the time.

This list has never been private, since some of its participants are not
willing to treat it as such. One can work to change their behavior (or
remove them) or one can declare the list openly readable. Given the number
of people and the nature of the discussions, the latter is both simpler
and, I think, more reasonable.

d/
Dave Crocker dcrocker@imc.org
Internet Mail Consortium +1 408 246 8253
675 Spruce Dr. fax: +1 408 249 6205
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA info@imc.org , http://www.imc.org