PAB Statement

From: Ron Fitzherbert (ron@penguin.net)
Date: Sun Dec 07 1997 - 22:15:22 PST

Okay, here's a simple statement/bio for me.

I've been involved in the gTLD debate since the beginning of IAHC and I
think I know what most all of the issues are. I believe that the MOU is
the best first step towards a new workable expanded DNS system. I also do
not believe it is perfect, but this is not to mean I have a "hidden
agenda", rather the will of PAB/POC (and the entire Internet community)
should shape what is to be. Towards the end of having a system that is
agreeable to everyone I am willing to commit the time/effort required to
help as I can, such as with PAB.

I may be located in a US-centric location, but I try to keep a world-view
on things. I have Internet related experience with the US Government (US
Trade Representative and the Department of Education), commericial
entities (Trilogy Development Group (my current job), Internet Interstate
and my own company, Flying Penguin Productions Limited). I also have
local/national non-profit board experience (Arlington Community Access
Corporation and the Alliance for Community Media).

I don't NEED to be on the PAB excom, but I do WANT to provide what
assistance I can in making DNS work.

Ron

  ---------------- Ronald J. Fitzherbert, President ---------------
                  Flying Penguin Productions Limited
              Arlington, Virginia & Austin, Texas (USA)