PAB consensus

From: Rick H. Wesson (wessorh@ar.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 18:49:46 PST

to inject a bit on the development of consesous -vs- voting.

in the IETF mode where things are about technology its very
productive to geet engineers to agree with out having to deal
with politics. i love an environment like that.

however the environment of the PAB, is that of competitors,
entrusted organizations, and politicals. there are probably better
descriptions and more factions than i listed, but my point is that
they are not engineers discussing technical issues.

in the PAB we discuss politics. that is about it. i would
suggest that we call the one whom judges consensous the
dictator. for if we have no way to prove consensous then
we democracy.

maybe we wern't supposed to have democracy, but it seems
the best methodology to govern the diverse set of intrests
represented in the PAB

regards,

-Rick