Re: PAB The Green Paper and competing registries

From: Perry E. Metzger (perry@piermont.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 09:01:51 PST

Bob Helfant writes:
> At 05:41 PM 2/26/98 -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >How is CORE no competition? Seems like a competitive system to me.
>
> How can one company proposing to control all TLDs be considered
> competitive. It is another version (albeit more international) of NSI.

Huh?

CORE isn't a "company" in any traditional sense. Its small
organization that holds a database. It does not "control" the TLDs. It
just maintains a database of what is registered in them.

The 800/888 number database in the U.S. is managed the same way -- by
a small organization that manages a database.

Perry