Re: PAB The Green Paper and competing registries

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Fri Feb 27 1998 - 09:07:19 PST

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Bob Helfant wrote:

> At 05:41 PM 2/26/98 -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >How is CORE no competition? Seems like a competitive system to me.
> >
> >Perry
>
> How can one company proposing to control all TLDs be considered
> competitive. It is another version (albeit more international) of NSI.
>
> Bob

mr.bob something is wrong with your argumentation altough also in some
sense it may be right

but the alternatives are the "free for all" bob alisat version

the other one is the GP with "5 to only 1 tld-monopoly" with
privat-corporate "owned" tlds "managed" by people i dont trust

within the core model based on shared and equal "ownership" to the
global dns space where everything is posible if it is done on a common
basis

i dont like the GP model just becouse it gives one group the monopoly over
one tld making it in "competition" with other groups tlds ??
-i am "better" than you becouse i have a "better" tld than you ...

what is so "sexy" on "owning" tlds? that so many of you want it -i can
understand that doing busines and earning money is also sexy and
having power over people is also sexy

but with this model you put your self in a "your world" BOX

having just this and being against that and having competitors and people
you musst finisht the capitalistic aproach to live where you poses a
just a tiny part of the wholle and always trys to get more but just for
you and dont want to share it with others - it may be a bit of time to come
it would remain like that but this is not the future i can see

lots of tiny litlle worlds

i prefer a BIG BIG world

why the people want to have small little worlds wich they dont share with
anybody and not a big big world wich they share with everybody ?:-)

what you think mr.helfant

thanks
sascha

ps.generaly we see that people who "wants to own samthing wich they get
from the nature and to sell it to others" have not big visions
besides that "i want that i and my familliy is hapy and satisfide"
not bad thing but it is not the world

what it is with us

should we not be happy

if yes should we than also want to "own" "tlds" :-)

sooo many tlds :-)