Re: [Measday: PAB Proposal for support of IANA.]

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 15:25:57 PDT

On Mon, Aug 31, 1998 at 07:37:42PM +0000, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> How did this Measday get posting privileges on the PAB list?

Through the alternate list "pab-submit", I believe, if he is not a
member. Anyone can do that, as far as I know...
[...]
> This comment is egregiously erroneous. The Community of Internet Users
> number in the tens of millions, and the IFWP participants number in the
> tens. Therefore, the subset is not "substantial" -- "fractional" would
> be more correct.
>
> I prefer the previous text of Sola and Crispin, and await the latest
> combination before making my own detailed comments.

I sent something out this morning -- please get comments to me as
quickly as possible -- I would like to ship it soon...

> I also wish it to be very clear that we (PAB) do not encourage the
> addition of "individual" memberships on the IANA Board. Instead, the
> various support organizations prevent capture, as already discussed.

Let me know what you think about what I wrote.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...