Re: PAB Barcelona?

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 23:24:50 PDT

On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 07:50:10PM -0500, J. William Semich (NIC JWS7) wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I'm wondering if there is any more info available yet about who may or
> may not be participating in teh Barcelona meeting? I have until Oct. 5th
> to make lower-cost plane reservations, then the price doubles.

I think the meeting will happen -- I already bought tickets, and I
will be going.

> So it's a gamble for me - do I pay less now and discover the meeting has
> been cancelled/postponed/whatever,throwing my money away on
> non-refundable tickets? Or do I wait and see, and pay twice as much for
> tickets I could have bought for less??

It is a bit of a gamble, sure. I think it is almost certain that the
meeting will happen, since I personally know of several other people
who have committed to go, and, as I said, I have already purchased
tickets.

> Have WWTLD or CENTRE or APTLD or NSI or ORSC or others decided to join
> in yet?

Yes, I believe so. Some of those you specifically mention, and others
besides. I am not in a position to announce anything, so I won't say
any more than that. I expect that venue and other interesting
information will go out on the site in the next few days.

I wish I could be more definitive. All I can say authoritatively is
that I have already paid my thousand bucks for tickets.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...