Re: PAB Barcelona?

From: Amadeu Abril i Abril (Amadeu@nominalia.com)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 02:15:10 PDT

J. William Semich (NIC JWS7) wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I'm wondering if there is any more info available yet about who may or
> may not be participating in teh Barcelona meeting? I have until Oct. 5th
> to make lower-cost plane reservations, then the price doubles.
>
> So it's a gamble for me - do I pay less now and discover the meeting has
> been cancelled/postponed/whatever,throwing my money away on
> non-refundable tickets? Or do I wait and see, and pay twice as much for
> tickets I could have bought for less??
>
> Have WWTLD or CENTRE or APTLD or NSI or ORSC or others decided to join
> in yet?

CENTR has officially confirmed their participation. APTLD unofficially, and
LACTLD is considering who is attending, s Oscar Robles would be in Seattle for
an ARIN meeting (these are at least the answers we got).

Other enitites that have confimed their attendace: AMRQUES (The European
Association of TM owners); EuroInternet.

Many organizations have expressed their willingness, and commitment, to
attend, but have made no offical resposne as this is still though their
internal pipeline: EuroISPA, ETNO. I am also pretty sure that INTA, ICC and
some US-based trade associations will also be there,as they have shown
positive inclination to do so.

Oh, and NSI has indeed been directly invited. But given that this was done in
the very moment their were in the last-minute negotiations for both the nIANA
bylaws and the transition agreement, they were really too busy to consider it
and have asked for some extra time to properly address it.

Amadeu

PS: Hopefully tomorrow you'll find a registration form there. We have also
booked rooms in an hotel were most participants will be. In case you prefer to
book your own, please inidicate so when registering.