Re: Motion to accept Re: PAB charter

Jim Dixon (jdd@vbc.net)
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 19:49:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Ivan Pope wrote:

> >For the Nth time, the proposition is: EuroISPA will urge its members
> >to join [fax in a signature] if two conditions are met:
> >
> >[1] each can appoint whoever they wish as their representative and
>
> This has never been an issue - anyone can be the rep.

OK...

> >[2] each designated representative will have as many votes, where
> > votes are relevant, as there are organizations appointing him or
> > her as their representative.
> While I have no huge problem with this, it looks a bit strange. So long as
> individual companies sign up, I'm sure they can nominate voting members.
> However, it would surely be better for the organisation if members of those
> organisations remained involved themselves. Some may not want to, but on
> the whole it doesn't seem to be a problem. If I was a member of ISPA I
> wouldn't want them to represent me. However, if they do, I don't have a
> problem - so long as they actually sign!

While it may look strange (in which case you must think that the
operation of most companies is strange!), it is our basic condition
for urging our members to sign the MOU. If it is accepted, we can
move forward.

I would love to be able to spend tomorrow hammering out the details
with the EuroISPA Council and then next week trying to get as many
people as possible to sign.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015