Re: PAB white paper is out

Robert F. Connelly (rconnell@psi-japan.com)
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 08:24:48 +0900

At 11:08 AM 6/8/98 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>Bob Helfant writes:
>> You would lead us all down the path again? Why not let IANA do its new job
>> and climb aboard when they make the new rules.
>
>Jon Postel isn't some mythic god who sits atop olympus. To many of us,
>he's a person we have known for many years. Obviously, decisions
>aren't going to be made in a vacuum.
>
>Bob, I realize that you only have a financial interest here and barely
>care about the bigger issues, but some of us are interested in
>actually making sure that the results of this process are a governance
>structure for the net that we can live with.

Dear Perry:

Thank you for your posting, there are, indeed, some who don't see the big
picture. Domain names are *really* only a small fraction of the total issue.

Regards,
BobC

P.S. I have now read your follow on dialog with BobH. It is clear that
BobH sees only a small fraction of the domain name part of the issue, which
is only a small part of the whole issue. Please understand that BobH is
not representative of the majority of CORE. The majority of CORE have
rejected his positions when put to a vote, both in *live* Plenary meetings,
Teleconferences and VoteBots. Please don't "tar all of us with the same
stick" you use on BobH;-{