Re: DNSO worries

Amadeu Abril i Abril (Amadeu@nominalia.com)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:27:31 +0100

Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:

> In message <36962E04.67B6E0F4@iciiu.org>, Michael Sondow writes:
> > Dr Eberhard W Lisse a écrit:
> >
> > > Amadeu,
> > >
> > > please put me on the proposals mailing list, as a matter of urgency. I
> > > wish to see each and any incoming message to DNSO from now on, please.

Hi Eberhard,

I cannot. That simple. It was propsed that a separate e-mail addres be created
for recieveing proposals, and putting a subset of people there in order to
forward proposals to the drafting team. This was intended to keep the drafting
team list out of massive mailpostings.

No one opposed this. Only a chnage of the "volunteers" being at the receving
end. You never were one of them. If you want to be aded, please addres the
request to the drafting team, get the approval (or silence) and it will be
done promptly.

> > There is also a comments@dnso.org list. Everyone has a big problem because
> > of this confusion of lists. Kilnam Chon has complained about it, I have
> > complained, and many others. But there doesn't seem to be any way to
> > straighten it out, short of closing all these lists and starting over. I'm
> > afraid it's Amadeu who has created this situation. He likes a lot of lists.
> > Very confusing.

This is absolutely false. Ther is NO coments@dnso.org, unless in Michael's
imagination. I have explained this to him before, at least twice.

As for lists proliferation, all of them have been created "on request", and
with no oppsoitoon. It is true that later that some parties have expressed
concerns, or confurion abmong some lists (like Eberhard or Michael, but in
their case it is simply because they don't seem to pay much attention). But I
cannot delete any list just because I think it should be done so. It is up to
the drafting team (for the proposals address) or the tranition (for the
"pricess" one) to decide. And to the participatns is up todecide on the
particpants"disucss lists. Not to me. Neither to Michael.

Best regards,

Amadeu, trying to fight agains misinformation